You have found a ring in the webshop that you find beautiful, fantastic, top and mysterious. Some rings will suit everyone, because the rings are “adaptable”. But many rings have sizes. Below is explained how you can find out how big your rings must be.
Ring sizes are often given in different ways. One brand chooses sizes based on the inside diameter in millimeters, the other brand chooses the circumference in millimeters, and there are also brands that use USA sizes.
The ring size is the inner diameter of the ring in millimeters. Below are two methods for determining ring size.
The easiest way is to have a good fitting ring and measure. You do this as follows: Measure the inner diameter in the middle of the ring. – The number of millimeters is the size, so 18mm will be size 18 (see picture). Make sure a wide ring on your finger feels a little tighter, so take it a half millimeter larger. In a very thin ring, of course, the opposite applies: half a millimeter smaller.
Another method of determining ring size is based on the following table, in which you measure the circumference of the finger. Measure the circumference with a ribbon or a string. Not too tight, but loose around the finger. Then measure this string with a ruler and find the appropriate size as inside diameter in the table below.
You can determine your ring size in many ways.
For orientation we use the following table where you can find the ring sizes in Germany.
|Ring size||Diameter||Scope||Ring size|
1. A wide ring feels closer around your finger. A wide ring becomes half a full size larger.
2. If you use your calculation for a number that is not standard in the table (for example, 17.8), select the next (larger) size
3. Due to heat and cold, your fingers may become thinner or thinner. In this way, after a few hours a difference of a quarter ring size can occur. Therefore, calculate at room temperature.
4. If your ring size is between two sizes, choose the largest size.
5. Not all brands have half sizes in their collection, so you need to adjust your size, then choose a half size larger.
When can you assign a ring?
Most jewelers can easily enlarge or reduce a silver or gold ring (without stones) 1 to 2 sizes. You can see a silver ring on the silver mark (often on the inside of the ring). Do you want a ring to fit? Ask a jeweler about the possibilities. A steel ring can NOT be adjusted, so buy a steel ring in the right size. This should prevent misunderstandings!